Thursday, October 16, 2014

How to Survive Grief

I've had the same dream since my sophomore year of high school.  It's raining and there is a woman sitting in front of me.  We are at a grave site.  I never see the woman's face but I can hear her cry. It wasn't that I could just hear her cry, I could feel every emotion she was going through at that moment.  The anger, sorrow, agony.  They were all real.  She was grieving.  Everyone thinks they have grief figured out.  That might be the case, for them.  Everyone goes through grief in a different way.  Some people get pissed and hate the world, while others want to crawl out of their own skin.  See, the truth about grief is it's not a step by step process.  Some people can go through their grief in 7 days while others it takes them 7 years. 
 
5 Ways to Survive Grief:
 
1.)  When people tell you that its been too long that you just need to move on and get over it, flip them off and carry on with how you are feeling.
 
2.) Be a freaking hot mess. Who cares if you don't have your shit together today! You have been through the hardest thing in life. So what if you haven't showered in three days? You're allowed to be a mess.
 
3.) Cry, throw shit around, drop the F bomb do what you need to do to get the anger out.

4.) Tell the ones that you love how much you love them.  Not just an "i love you" , actually tell them.  "I love you more than anything in this world and I would walk through fire just to see you happy."
 
5.) Learn to control it.  It's okay to shut it off once and a while.  You need to be able to function as a human being.  Make sure if you're a bad mood you don't pretend to be okay, you're allowed to have bad days.
 
Serenity
Courage
Wisdom
 
xoxo
Bridgette










 

No comments:

Post a Comment